The City of Ravenna is seeking experienced Water Treatment Plant Superintendent
Pay Range: $58,744 to $75,000 /year
Deadline to apply: Until position is filled.
Description of Work:
The Water Treatment Plant Superintendent shall control, equip and manage the operations of a six (6) million gallon surface water treatment plant for the City.
Manages subordinate supervisor(s) and supervises staff. Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of the Department. Serves as the Operator of record with the Ohio Environmental Protection Agency.
Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, recommending, and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; reward and discipline of employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Plans and directs the operations, maintenance, and daily activities of the City’s Water Treatment Plant.
- Responsible for the environmental protection of Lake Hodgson, Dam and the seven (7) mile feeder canal.
- Prepares, documents and distributes Monthly Operating Reports (MOR’s) to the Ohio EPA regarding Plant Operations.
- Responsible for maintaining the City’s water storage tanks to ensure water turnover and the integrity of the storage tank.
- Directs preparation and execution of the annual preventative maintenance program.
- Prepares and administers operating and capital improvement budget requests.
- Updates and maintains department operating procedures as required.
- Prepares and submits annual and specific program budget estimates of income and expenses.
- Researches, applies for and administers grants.
- Attends Council meeting and Boards and Commissions meetings as needed
- Other duties may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and /or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to ensure individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Class IV Water Treatment License, issued by the Ohio EPA, preferred, or possession of a Class III License with the ability to obtain a Class IV License within 24 months.
- Five (5) years experience in a Water Treatment Plant, and/or Bachelor’s Degree in Management; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of SCADA operations and systems strongly preferred
- Knowledge of computer system functions, knowledge of modern office procedures, Ability to access, input and retrieves information from computer. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Must possess a valid State of Ohio driver’s license.
- Eligibility to work in the United States.
- Preferred demonstrated experience in writing, obtaining, and administering grants.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Majority of work environment will consist of normal office conditions however, while performing the duties of this job, the employee may regularly be required to stand, sit, walk (uneven surfaces and water ways), reach with hands and arms, talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to climb, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee will frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move more than 100 pounds. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Applications along with Resume must be submitted to:
The City of Ravenna
Department of Human Resources
210 Park Way
Ravenna, OH 44266
The City of Ravenna is an Equal Opportunity Employer.