The City of Ravenna enforces it's building code through the issuance of building permits and through followup inspections of those projects which have received permits. Failure to obtain the necessary permit(s) may result in "stop work" orders, delays, and/or fines. If you are in doubt as to whether your project needs a permit please contact the building department. Some examples of projects needing permits are:
- New construction such as new homes, garages, commercial buildings, etc.
- Additions to existing structures, both residential and commercial.
- New decks / porches.
- New roofs.
- New siding.
- Major electrical repairs or updates.
- Major HVAC repairs or updates.
- Prior to the issuance of a Contractors Registration Certificate, all Contractors and Sub-Contractors performing work within the City limits must also be registered with the City Income Tax Department. The appropriate documents must be completed in full and returned with your Contractor Registration Application along with the appropriate fee.
- If you are currently already on the tax roster, we ask that you complete the questionnaire for the purpose of updating our records. The Income Tax Department will then issue you an account number for Ravenna Taxation purposes.
- No Contractor Registration Certificate will be issued until a City of Ravenna Income Tax Account number is assigned. The City also reserves the right to deny issuing a Contractor's Registration Certificate if an existing Income Tax Account is not filed or is in delinquent status.