Search
Waste Water Treatment

The City of Ravenna built its first sewers and treatment plant in 1907, this original plant was later enlarged in 1910. In 1941 recommendations for a new plant were approved, this resulted in the construction of a new facility in 1942.

Over the years, increased use of the system, as well as increased standards for treatment facilities have dictated upgrades to the facilities. These subsequent updates took place in 1955, 1974 and finally, a $4.7 million upgrade in 1992.

Today's wastewater treatment facility is designed to treat an average flow of 2.8 million gallons per day, with a peak hydraulic capacity of 6.02 million gallons per day. The waste water arrives at the plant through three gravity lines that are fed by a number of other gravity lines and outlying pump stations.
 

 
Our modern facility allows us to maintain the highest standards governing wastewater treatment. We consistently meet or exceed regulations concerning water quality discharged from the facility.

The City of Ravenna is committed to serving our community. The high standards maintained by the wastewater plant represent that commitment. The facility is yet another part of the City's long range goal to attract more industry and jobs to our community.