- A leaky toilet can waste 75 gallons or more of water a day!
- A leaky toilet wastes water and costs you money!
- Toilets are the most common source of leaks and cause of high water bills.
To check your toilet for leaks:
- Remove the tank cover and pour in food coloring, brewed coffee, or other substanceto color the water.
- Do not flush the toilet.
- Wait 30 to 45 minutes.
- If the water in the bowl remains clear, no leaks.
- If the water in the bowl becomes discolored, there is a leak.
- After the test, flush the toilet to remove the discolored water.
The repair may be a simple one that most homeowners can fix or contact a licensed plumber.
Don’t flush money down the drain!
- A leaky faucet can waste 13 gallons or more of water a day!
- A leaky faucet wastes water and costs you money!
- If any of your faucets drip once you have tightly turned off the water, then you have a leak.
- Most leaks are easy to repair and can be done by a licensed plumber or the do-it-yourselfer.